United 7 ITN has a food project on the island of Cuba. When I first was with my wife Anja in Cuba in 2013, we immediately got a heart for the people of this beautiful island. From that year we traveled back every year and became good friends with the local pastor pastor John Cardozo.
He has a large congregation in the city of Ciego d’Avila and heads of 52 churches called jungle churches. Recently, Pastor John shared his heart with me about starting a project that hundreds of people, parishioners and the elderly who have no pension or retirement can help. Pastor John Cardoso told about his plan to hand out food and to prepare meals for the poor and elderly. While we were talking, the idea arose to buy a farm where we ourselves can produce food. Recently we bought a farm near the city of Ciego de Avila. We call the farm and this whole project: EL SHADDAI! The Lord will suply!
WHY THIS PROJECT?
This project allows us to achieve the following:
1. Work for the unemployed parishioners of the Church of ps. John Cardoso..
2. To Supplu food for and maels for poor and elderly people of the church but also outsite the church.
3. Building jungle churches. The churches in the villages around Ciego are often old and in poor condition. Some of these buildings are never finished.
Last but not least: This farm is a centre point from where the gospel of Jesus will be spread. Already now we have had a baptism service on the farm with 40 people who got baptized.
HOW DOES THAT WORK?
Beside that we produce food for the poor and elderly, we also want to make a profit by selling for example pigs. Each mature pig gives us a profit of around 200 euros. We are working towards it to sell 1,000 pigs every month. The buyer is the government of Cuba where we have good relationships with, and which give us a fair price for each product that comes from the farm.
10% of all products is to distribute to the poor and the elderly.
With the profit we want to do the following:
– The construction of the churches in the villages. Many are old and in a bad condition. Some started to build but never finished because there was no more money.
– To give the pastors of the churches a monthly salary so that they do not have to have a job there.
– We want to build an educational television station in Cuba where we also will show Christian programs.
– A part of the profits, we want to use to sponsor our own TV channel United7.
– We also will fund evangelistic campaigns and other projects all over the world.
The farm is managed by the local church nearby the farm.
To make this project succesful we need:
- 2 windmills to pump up the water from the 2 sources in the ground. PRAISE TO GOD, HE HAS PROVIDET!!!
- a pickup truck for transportation of food, animals, material for the farm and to move the employees around.
- finances to finish building the farmhouse.
One pichup truck is costing € 65000,00 (De government of Cuba has High import taxes that is why cars are very expencive)
And € 5000,00 to finish the left part of the farmhouse.
Please help us raising this amount of € 70.000,00. You can give a donation by pushing the ‘give now’ button on our homepage. Every amount is highly appreciated! Help us to feed the poor and to give them a brighter future!
Also watch the information film on the right site of this page.
Huricanne Hits Churches in Cuba!
On saturday September 9, 2017, Hurricane Irma crossed the land of Cuba, including in the province of Ciego Da Villa, where she caused major damage. In this province lies our farm from which we lead the food project. Unlike previous messages, our farm has also experienced damage to this hurricane. Fortunately minimal. This is a part of the roof that has been blown away and what fences need to be repaired.
There are also many jungle chains in Ciego Da Villa hit by the hurricane. Many roofs have been completely blown and some churches are totally destroyed. These people do not have insurance so the repairs themselves have to be paid. Here, however, they do not have any money.
The change of roofs costs 400 euros per roof.
Foto: information bureau Cuba WordPress.
September 26th, we will go to Cuba to bring toothbrushes, soap, toothpaste etc. There is a lack of this things. Also the food and drinking water in some areas in Cuba are almost finished. We can not provide everything but we want to help where we can.
It would be great if we could take € 4000,00 to help at least 10 churches. Can I appeal to you for this? We do not ask you big amounts unless you want and can give it, but even if you give € 10 or € 20 or € 5 then you’re already helping to help our brothers and sisters in Cuba. If we all give something then we will get there.
Can we show that we do not forget our fellow Christians in Cuba but that we are standing next to them in this difficult period? They count on your help!
Thanks in advance for everything you want to do to help them.
You can use our donation button on this website. Enter:
reperation Jungle churches.
Do not mention Cuba at all! The banks do not want to do transactions with Cuba so if you mention this country, your donation will not be executed.
God’s blessing and pray for these lovely people who give their lives to the Kingdom of God daily!